Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 20 Exhaustion

I called out sick. I was supposed to work but I just couldn't. This schedule of never having a real day off is killing me. I woke up with a migraine and feeling like I would throw up. Everything hurts. After calling out I slept a little more.

When Tim left for church my mind wouldn't quiet down from the lists of things that I should be doing. I know I should stay in bed and let the nausea pass but if I did I would just have a panic attack over the list of things that weren't getting done. I'd used a sick day so I should at least make it productive. Since physical activity would have to wait until I could manage more sugar and caffeine, I decided to edit the images from the photo shoot the other day. While some of the images were processing I managed to get a load of laundry in the washer.

I was just finishing up the editing when Tim called and offered to bring lunch home. He tried to bring me a Chicken Cutlet grinder but he girl at Gus's doesn't speak English so I ended up with a Chicken Parmesan grinder. I don't know if was because I didn't feel good or if the sauce was that awful but I couldn't eat more than a few bites. It tasted awful. The breaded chicken was soggy from what I can only describe as chunky tomato juice.

I threw it out. Tim had promised to go hide eggs for an Egg Hunt so he took the Little Spawn and they left again. I decided to lay down after shifting the laundry from the washer to the drier. I found the book I had been listening to at work and switched it on. I stayed in bed and tried to not think about the pile of dishes in the sink.

I don't rest well. It's why my weekends are so important. I need at least one day where I don't have to worry about the long list of things that I should be doing so that I can just relax. I haven't truly had a day off in over 6 months. Hopefully, I can stick this out until the office gets around to offering up Charlie's shift for bid. He had Sunday/Monday off and I'm hoping that I'll be able to switch to his schedule now that he's retired.

Of course my boss hasn't approached me about it so maybe she's giving it to someone else. But then she never told me that we had an Early Out on Good Friday either so who knows. Maybe she's just scared to talk to me?

In the meantime it will be a lot of caffeine and sugar until I can finally get a real day off.

Anyway, the migraine never went away and Tim pulled me out of bed again when he came home. We played Diablo for a bit and then he made dinner. I managed to eat some. After dinner he played Xbox while I listened to the book on my phone and laid on the couch, my head in his lap.

After a while I started to fall asleep so I tried to put myself to bed. It didn't work so I laid there and tried not to think of all the things that weren't done. Eventually, I told Tim that I was going to sleep and he came in and kissed me good night. He went back out to his game and I eventually fell asleep.